Last year on my whirlwind European tour I was lucky enough to be invited for dinner at a close friend’s uncle’s house in the town of Arzignano, Northern Italy. We dined outside, shared some nice wine, and enjoyed a very simple meal together. Looking back, it turned out to be one of the most memorable meals of the entire trip.
The simplicity of this pasta is really what got me. I immediately begged Uncle Rob for the recipe which he was kind enough to share. Using fresh, quality ingredients is key to the success of this meal. We picked up ingredients from the market earlier that day.
Uncle Rob’s Super Simple Zucchini Pasta Lunch
- One package of pasta (we used conchiglioni)
- 3 Zucchini
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Asiago Cheese
- Fresh Melon
- Begin by boiling water and cooking the pasta as per package instructions.
- Grate 3 Fresh from the market zucchinis
- Pour some Olive Oil in a pan and add diced garlic.
- Cook on low heat so that the garlic does not burn. Once the garlic has softened, throw in the grated zucchini and let cook.
- Cut up some fresh, soft, Asiago cheese
- Once the pasta is ready, drain
- Combine the pasta and the Zucchini/Garlic Mixture.
- Add the cheese and toss lightly until melted.
Serve with some fresh melon wedges, and Prosciutto to wrap it with.
Special Thanks to the Bonisolo family